KUCHING: NeNe Chicken Malaysia is calling on authorities to expedite their investigation into the fatal explosion at its new outlet in the Cityone Megamall here.
The company called for the findings to be made public as soon as possible in light of the seriousness of the incident on Tuesday (Dec 4), which claimed three lives and injured 41 people.
“We would like to clarify that we are making every effort to obtain more information about the Cityone explosion.
“The latest information we have been given by the authorities is that the investigation is still ongoing,” NeNe Chicken Malaysia managing director Raymond Wong told a press conference here on Thursday (Dec 6).
Wong said the company was making efforts to obtain more information about the incident, even though it had not been included in the investigations by the authorities.
He also claimed that they were not involved in the renovations as it had been arranged by the Cityone licensee.
Wong also said the company was conducting an internal investigation into the incident.
“We have contacted our licensee to provide us with the necessary documentation.
“We reiterate that we are fully committed to helping all victims and their families through these traumatic times,” he said.
The outlet was undergoing a final touch-up in preparation for its scheduled opening on Wednesday (Dec 5) when a suspected gas leak led to the blast at about 3.30pm.